Paying for Post Secondary Education

You can pay for your university or college education using a single source or a combination of sources such as those listed below.

OSAP - Ontario Student Assistance Program offers a mix of grants and loans to students. Before you can apply to OSAP you will be required to register and complete an education module.  You should have your Social Insurance Number (SIN documents are often kept by parents) and your Ontario Education Number (OEN can be found on your report card) available when you begin this process. If you need assistance completing your application you can contact the Guidance Department or the Financial Aid Office of your university or college.  Learn more about OSAP.
Scholarships and bursaries Scholarships, grants and bursaries are types of financial assistance that you don't have to pay back. Scholarships are typically based on merit, while grants and bursaries usually take financial need into consideration as well. Find out more about Scholarships and Awards

Financial aid from schools may be available. You can check with a college or university directly to see what financial aid programs they offer. You could be eligible for these sources of money which you don’t have to pay back.

  • Bursaries
  • Scholarships
  • Work-study programs
  • Summer employment opportunities

RESP or Registered Education Savings Plan is a special savings account for parents who want to save for their child's education after high school. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.